Terms and Conditions - Tayside Ironmongery
In these conditions "we", "us" and "our" refer to Tayside Ironmongery. You can write to us at:
40 Old Glamis Road
- These Terms, the Order and our price list are considered by us to set out the whole agreement between the purchaser and Tayside Ironmongery for the sale of the Goods. Please check that the details in the Terms or on the Order are complete and accurate before you commit yourself to the contract. If you think that there is a mistake, please make sure that you ask us to confirm any changes in writing, as we only accept responsibility for statements and representations made in writing by our authorised employees and agents.
- By placing an order with us, you confirm that you are over 18 years old and are legally capable of entering into binding contracts. We reserve the right at our sole discretion not to accept any order. Once your Order is accepted by us, a contract will come into force, on the terms and conditions set out here.
- If any of these Terms are inconsistent with an Order, the Terms shall prevail. We will try to deliver your Goods as soon as practicable. However occasionally delivery may be affected by factors outside our control and so cannot be guaranteed. You should tell us as soon as possible if you do not receive your Goods within one week of placing your Order or within one week of any estimated delivery date that we give you. Any dates quoted by us for delivery are estimates only. If we are unable to deliver your Goods within 30 days of your Order, you may cancel your Order and get a full refund for those goods.
- We shall assign an order number to the Order and inform you of it. Please quote the order number in all subsequent correspondence with us relating to the Order.
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time, among other things to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities. You will be subject to the policies and terms in force at the time that you order the Goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required by law or government or regulatory authority.
- The information and advice contained in our sales documentation including any samples drawings descriptions or advertising issue and any descriptions or illustrations are for general guidance purposes only and do not form part of the contract between you and us or any other contract between you and us for the sale of goods. You are responsible for determining whether it applies to your particular situation. In particular, please read all manuals and safety instructions provided with our Goods, and follow them carefully at all times.
- We warrant that on delivery and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery, subject to any enhanced terms offered by the Manufacturer, the Goods shall:
- conform in all material respects with their description, subject to any qualification or representation contained in the brochures, advertisements or other documentation;
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be fit for any purpose we say the Goods are fit for or for any reasonable purpose for which you use the Goods;
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship; and
- comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for selling the Goods in the United Kingdom.
- This warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Goods which are faulty or which otherwise do not conform with these Terms. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the Goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, if you use the Goods in a way that we do not recommend, your failure to follow our instructions, or any alteration or repair you carry out without our prior written approval. We will take reasonable steps to pack the Goods properly and to ensure that you receive your order in good condition. These Terms apply to any repaired or replacement Goods we supply to you in the unlikely event that the original Goods are faulty or do not otherwise conform with these Terms.
- When you receive the Goods, you should check them as soon as possible, and let us know within 10 days of receipt if there are any problems. Please retain all packaging until you are satisfied with the Goods. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods which occurs after they have been delivered to you. Nothing in this clause shall prejudice the rights of the customer under this contract.
- We will require payment of the price for the Goods in full before we despatch them unless we agree otherwise in writing with you. However, if you have an account with us, we may, at our discretion, allow you to make payment in full within 30 days of our invoice.
- All the Goods that we supply will remain our property until you have paid for them in full, including all delivery charges. If you sell the Goods you agree to hold the sale proceeds upon trust for us until you have paid us for them in full.
- If you do not pay us we may suspend or cancel any outstanding orders until you have paid the outstanding amounts without limiting any of the remedies we may have.
- Every effort is made to ensure that our prices and descriptions are accurate at the time of going to press. If an error is found or if manufacturers' prices or products change, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of cancelling your Order or reconfirming your order with the revised price or product. We are under no obligation to provide Goods to you at an incorrect (lower) price if the pricing error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a pricing error. Where indicated VAT is quoted at the prevailing rate at the time of dispatch of the Goods and may be subject to change without notice in line with government legislation.
- If you are dealing as a Consumer, and have placed your order over the internet by phone or from our catalogue, you can cancel your order for any reason and get a full refund at any time before you receive the Goods, or the end of 7 working days after the day you receive the Goods. A working day is any day other than weekends and public holidays.
- If you have already received the Goods:
- you can only exercise this right to cancel your order if the Goods are still in a re-saleable condition and you have retained the packaging;
- you must take care to ensure the Goods are not used or damaged in the meantime;
- if you do not return the Goods as required, we may charge you the costs of recovering them ourselves.
- You may return Goods for a credit or to exchange strictly in accordance with our published Returns Policy. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Returns Policy, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- We will not be liable for any delay in delivering the Goods which is due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control or for any business losses. We are not responsible for any losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms including but not limited to
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data; or
- waste of time.
- Any commentary, advice or other materials published or distributed by us (for example but not limited to responses to email questions or message boards) are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from reliance placed on such materials by you or anyone informed of such.
- All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.